The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We believe that it is always unacceptable for a child to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children.
We will provide staff and volunteers with guidance to follow when they suspect a child may be experiencing abuse or may be at risk of harm. We will work co-operatively with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are:
- Tracey Penman - Head of School, Manor Mead Shepperton (email@example.com)
- Claudette Sims - Head of School, Manor Mead Virginia Water (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Annie Paget - Head of School, Walton Leigh (email@example.com)
Our Deputy DSLs are:
- Becki Wright - Deputy Head of School, Manor Mead Shepperton
- Livvy Hepburn - Assistant Head of School, Manor Mead Shepperton
- Karen Bos - Deputy Head of School, Manor Mead Virginia Water
- Neil French - Deputy Head of School, Walton Leigh
- Richard Hammond - Assistant Head of School, Walton Leigh
The Governor with responsibility for child protection is Sarah Jenkins.
Our Designated Teachers for Looked After Children are:
- Tracey Penman - Head of School, Manor Mead Shepperton (01932 241834)
- Claudette Sims - Head of School, Manor Mead Virginia Water (013448 42308)
- Annie Paget - Head of School, Walton Leigh (01932 223243)
Should you have any safeguarding concerns about our children or families please speak directly to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy.
You can come into school, phone or email using the email address above. All disclosures are treated in the strictest confidence. During weekends and holidays when the schools are closed, please contact the Surrey Children's Single Point of Access on 0300 470 9100 (or 01483 517898 out of hours).
We will review our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures on an annual basis. Our policy can be viewed by following this link, or by request through the school office for a hard copy.
Operation Encompass: Walton Leigh and Manor Mead Schools have taken the opportunity to join a scheme which will run jointly between local schools, Surrey Police and Surrey County Council. Operation Encompass has been designed to provide early reporting on any domestic incidents that occur outside of school and might have an impact on a child in school. Click here for more information.
Click here for a reminder regarding the reporting of bruises and injuries on children.
Our Home School Link Workers are Elizabeth Harrow at Manor Mead Shepperton (01932 241834), Laura Sweetland at Manor Mead Virginia Water (01344 842308) and Cheryl Andreozzi-Picton and Nicola Webster at Walton Leigh (01932 223243).
You can also contact the nursing teams directly at each school:
- Manor Mead: 01932 244284
- Walton Leigh: 01932 222593
Our on-line safety co-ordinators are:
- Dana Wilkinson - Teacher, Manor Mead School Shepperton
- Claudette Sims - Head of School, Manor Mead School Virginia Water
- Richard Hammond - Deputy Head of School, Walton Leigh School
As a result of our commitment to Safeguarding and supporting our staff, students and their families we have signed up to the National Online Safety Certified School Community Accreditation. This National Accreditation helps us to ensure we deliver a robust Online Safety curriculum, meet the training needs of various staff roles and governors, whilst also providing us with resources and training for parents. We are aware that the digital world is ever changing and this will allow us to keep update with any potential online harms. Information guides regarding various games, social media outlets and other online topics are available at request.